Collaborate. Innovate. Act.
Meet The Chef
Meet Wingspread's Executive Chef
Chef Dave Diedrich
David Diedrich, Executive Chef at Wingspread oversees our food & beverage operations and he works closely with our conference planning team to create a culinary experience that's not only inspiring and dynamic, but also perfectly tailored to meet your group’s specific dietary needs.
He is consistently creating new food and beverage offerings to personalize the guest experience by adding new levels of culinary innovation. He also oversees our various Wingspread Gardens as well as our signature beehives. Utilizing local and fresh ingredients is a core pillar of his culinary philosophy. Chef Dave joined our team in 1996 as executive chef and proudly has 37 years of culinary experience.
He is an active participate in many community outreach activities through our Employee Impact Committee such as Habitat for Humanity, Hunger Task Force, and Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
Accomplishments, Awards, and Charitable Work
- Nominated for "Bob Zapatelli" Culinary Award - 2016, 2019
- Benchmark Hospitality "Best of the Best" Award - 2010
- Benchmark Hospitality "Manager of the Year" Award - 2019
- Competed in the Copper Skillet Competition- 2015, 2016, 2017
- 5+ task force assignments for the Benchmark Hospitality National Portfolio
- Donation of soup for HALO’s Empty Bowls event – 2009-2019
- Food sorting and packaging for the Hunger Task Force in Milwaukee - 2010
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer – 2008-2010
- Donation of hors d'oeuvres for Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Racine and Kenosha Counties annual event - 2016
- Donation of dessert for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Racine and Kenosha Counties annual event - 2018
- Donation of various snacks for Jane's School Corn Roast – 2009-2017
Almost every executive chef has their own personal signature house-made granola recipe. Some would even say that crafting the perfect mix of ingredients for this classic breakfast or snack item is a culinary rite of passage. At Wingspread Retreat & Executive Conference Center, our guests absolutely adore Chef Dave's approach, and we'd like to share his delightful recipe with you to try at home!
- 1 pound quick oats
- 1 pound cashews
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 pound dried cranberries
- 1 pound raisins
- ½ pound honey
- 4 ounces of butter
- 12 ounces maple syrup
Five Easy Steps:
- Combine honey, butter and syrup and bring to a boil
- Toss honey mixture with oats and nuts
- Layer on cookie sheet and toast until slightly brown
- After cooled down but still warm, add the dried fruit