Located along the western shores of Lake Michigan, Wingspread Retreat & Executive Conference Center encompasses three unique buildings nestled on 36 acres of lush, natural landscape. For the duration of your conference, your guests may stay overnight in our inviting and newly renovated 40-room Guest House.
The Sam and Gene Johnson Guest House
The Sam and Gene Johnson Guest House offers well-appointed and relaxing overnight accommodations on the Wingspread Retreat & Executive Conference Center grounds. With it's oversized, yet welcoming living room, your guests can continue their conversations into the late evening in an inviting, comfortable and informal atmosphere. It is often during these relaxed encounters, that trust, candor and breakthrough ideas emerge.
Completed in 2001, and awarded the LEED Gold Certification since 2010, The Same and Gene Johnson Guest House blends seamlessly with its natural surroundings. Designed in harmony with the prairie style of Wingspread, the 38,000-square-foot building settles quietly into the bluff above the pond while its zigzag shape disguises a residence nearly three times the size of Wingspread.
Guest House Amenities
- 40 Renovated Rooms
- Sustainably Designed Lodging
- Expansive Living Room Lounge with Bar, Dining Area, Sofas, Chairs, Fireplace and Patio
- Pantry Nook on Each Floor - Stocked with Complimentary Fresh Fruit, Coffee, House Made Granola, Yogurts, Ice Cream Bars and More!
- Lighted Vanity Mirrors in all Guest Rooms
- Slate Bathroom Countertops
- Spacious Work Desks with Ergonomic Chair
- 40" Flat Screen HD TV
- Wired/Wireless High-Speed Internet (100 mbps)
- iHome Alarm Clock with Dock
- Chair & Ottoman
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Bee Kind Environmentally Friendly Amenities
Fitness, Recreation & Area Attractions
- Fitness Center
- Jogging, Walking and Running Paths
- Narrated Sculpture Tour on Wingspread's 36 acres
- Walking Distance from Shoop Park Golf Course
- Walking Distance to the Historic Wind Point Lighthouse
- Narrated Tours of Frank Lloyd Wright's Wingspread
- Racine Zoo (2.9 miles, 7 minutes)
- Racine Art Museum (4.4 miles, 12 minutes)
- Reefpoint Marina (4.7 miles, 15 minutes)
- Guided Tours of SC Johnson Corporate Headquarters, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (5.9 miles, 15 minutes)
- River Bend Nature Center (4 miles, 9 minutes)
- Seven Keys to Escape (4.7 miles, 12 minutes)
- Tall Ship Sailing, The Red Witch offering a unique sailing experience for private events (15.5 miles, 37 minutes)
The Guest House and its surrounding landscape are a model for sustainable design. The entire building, including interior products and materials, minimizes the Guest House’s impact on the environment and reduces energy costs. Many guest room furnishings are manufactured locally and fabrics consist predominantly of natural, renewable materials. We've truly harmonized green design with comfort and elegance.
The living room is floored in warm Brazilian cherry; the sofas and chairs were carefully selected for comfortable conversation. A massive limestone fireplace, flanked by books, is a popular place for conferees to continue dialogue over drinks and hors d’oeuvres. Guest rooms overlook the woods and water and invite restful and refreshing sleep.