Meet Wingspread's Executive Chef
David Diedrich, our exeutive chef at Wingspread, also oversees the food & beverage operations here and works closely with our conference planning team to create a culinary experience that's not only inspiring and dynamic, but also perfectly tailored to meet your needs.
He is very knowledgable and hands-on with the various Wingspread Gardens on property as well as our signature beehives. Utilizing local and fresh ingredients is a core pillar in his culinary philosphy.
Chef Dave joined the team in 1996 as the executive chef bringing 37 years of experience in the food and beverage field and as a hands-on member of the leadership team.
He is an active participate in many community outreach activities through our Employee Impact Committee such as blood drives with the red cross, Habitat for Humanity, Jane's School Corn Roast, Hunger Task Force, and Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Racine and Kenosha Counties.
Accomplishments, Awards, and Charitable Work
Accomplishments & Awards:
- Nominated for "Bob Zapatelli" Culinary Award - 2016, 2019
- Benchmark Hospitality "Best of the Best" Award - 2010
- Benchmark Hospitality "Manager of the Year" Award - 2019
- Competed in the Copper Skillet Competition- 2015, 2016, 2017
- 5+ task force assignments for the Benchmark Hospitality National Portfolio
- Donation of soup for HALO’s Empty Bowls event – 2009-2019
- Food sorting and packaging for the Hunger Task Force in Milwaukee - 2010
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer – 2008-2010
- Donation of hors d'oeuvres for Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Racine and Kenosha Counties annual event - 2016
- Donation of dessert for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Racine and Kenosha Counties annual event - 2018
- Donation of various snacks for Jane's School Corn Roast – 2009-2017
Almost every executive chef has their own personal signature house-made granola recipe. Some would even say that crafting the perfect mix of ingredients for this classic breakfast or snack item is a culinary rite of passage. At Wingspread Retreat & Executive Conference Center, our guests absolutely adore Chef Dave's approach, and we'd like to share his delightful recipe with you to try at home!
- 1 pound quick oats
- 1 pound cashews
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 pound dried cranberries
- 1 pound raisins
- ½ pound honey
- 4 ounces of butter
- 12 ounces maple syrup
5 Easy Steps:
- Combine honey, butter and syrup and bring to a boil
- Toss honey mixture with oats and nuts
- Layer on cookie sheet and toast until slightly brown
- After cooled down but still warm, add the dried fruit